Monday, October 11, 2010

A Poem Found: At Yankee Stadium

I haven't played 20 Questions since 1975. A friend and I were driving around Ruidoso, New Mexico. We were driving just to drive. Remember those days? So I say, for my first clue, blue, and Georgia responds Paul Newman.

And that was that.

I remembered my last go at 20 Questions on Saturday night when Jeter's eyes flashed on screens at Yankee Stadium. Dr. Eckleberg goes neon (and a big contract)?  I'm not saying Derek Jeter holds a candle to Paul Newman. But then again I'm not saying he doesn't. I'm just sayin'.

The salient point being, Saturday night I saw the third game of the three-game sweep (playoffs), the Yankees toppling the Twins, and not mentioning it seems unAmerican, unbloggerly, unNew Yorker. Hey, I saw Yogi Berra throw the first pitch.
   
Is there anything here on the poem?  Well, when the few Twins fans in our section displayed false bravado during a beer run, the designated leaders who make fans great (and fans, ultimately make the game), pointed at the hapless fools and led us in (and I quote):
 
Ass
hole!
Ass
hole!
Ass
hole!
 
Go, team.

No comments:

Post a Comment